Alpine Energy

Acessibility Quick Links

Site Search form

Home electrical safety

Electricity must be treated with respect.

The fact that you can’t see electricity makes it more dangerous, so it’s important to keep a few simple safety tips in mind when you are working with electrical appliances around the home.

  • Switch off an appliance before you unplug.
  • Care for your cords - replace any frayed or brittle cords.
  • Treat a tingle as a signal - immediately switch off at the outlet and unplug the appliance.
  • Watch out for wires - always stand well clear, warn others and us immediately if you spot a fallen electrical wire.
  • Liquids and electricity don't mix- never take portable appliances like radios, heaters, phones and hairdryers into the shower or bath and don't spray cleaners and solvents on switches or sockets.